Have you ever considered trying an alternative dental cleaning tool or technique beyond the standard brushing and flossing daily routine? Although brushing and flossing should never be skipped or replaced, there are supplemental cleaning tools and methods you can consider, including chewing sugarless gum.
Is chewing gum a suitable mouth cleaner? Consider its benefits:
– Sugarless gum is most effective if you do not suffer from a jaw disorder such as a TMD.
– Chewing sugarless gum is extremely beneficial after meals because it helps increase the saliva flow in your mouth, which washes away food particles and neutralizes harmful acids capable of eating through your teeth.
– Although sugarless gum can help your smile by no means should it ever be used as a replacement for brushing and flossing daily.
– Sugarless gum is also helpful in the prevention and treatment of heartburn, which is caused by a buildup of acids that travel up your esophagus. Sugarless gum can also help protect teeth should the acids reach your mouth.
– Studies have shown that by chewing sugarless gum after meals, you can help prevent cavities.
Depending on your age, oral health, and dental damage, our dentist at Alvarado Family Dentistry can help you find which restoration treatment will work best for you. Dr. Eseoghene Okugbaye and our team would love to see you at our dentist office in Alvarado, Texas. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 888-635-6401. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for.