When teeth are not in their right alignment, the disorder is referred to as a malocclusion. Malocclusions are types of bad bites that can take place at any time and at any age, and often must have orthodontic alignments to set them back into place. For more information concerning malocclusions, consider the following types of malocclusions that can occur:
– When your upper incisors protrude past your lower incisors, it is referred to as an overbite or buck teeth.
– When your upper and lower incisors fail to connect when biting down, it is referred to as an open bite.
– When your upper and lower incisors fail to align, it is referred to as a misplaced midline.
– When your lower incisors protrude past your upper incisors, it is referred to as an underbite or bulldog teeth.
– When your lower jawbone sticks out past your upper jawbone, it is referred to as a crossbite.
– When teeth slip and slide out of their proper alignment, it is referred to as a rotation malocclusion.
– Spacing malocclusions arise if there are irregular gaps in your mouth, overcrowded teeth, and large gaps between teeth.
– When teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong spaces, it is referred to as a transposition malocclusion.
If you suffer from a malocclusion and are in need of treatments with Invisalign®, contact Alvarado Family Dentistry at 888-635-6401 to see which treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Eseoghene Okugbaye and our team at our dentist office in Alvarado, Texas, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Oral health care just keeps getting better!